Romeo And Juliet

Author: William Shakespeare
Publisher: Associated University Presse
ISBN: 0874130387
Size: 16.31 MB
Format: PDF, Docs
View: 57

Using this text, the reader may see at once how Shakespeare's manuscript of the play, upon which the second quarto is based, was adapted for the Elizabethan stage by the playwright and/or his colleagues.

Romeo And Juliet 1597

Author: William Shakespeare
Publisher: Oxford : Published for the Malone Society by Oxford University Press
ISBN: 0197290396
Size: 20.74 MB
Format: PDF, Kindle
View: 82

Shakespeare's tragedy Romeo and Juliet was performed around 1595 and published in 1597 in a quarto claiming on its title page that it was printed by John Danter. The present volume is a photographic facsimile of this text. Evidence, discussed in the Introduction, suggests that Danter printed only 40% of the book and the remaining 60% was printed by Edward Allde. The relationship of this First Quarto to the Second Quarto printed in 1599 is considered. The text reproduced here includes in the margins through-line numbering both for the Quarto and for the equivalent passages in the 1623 Folio, and a table is appended which matches the Quarto pages and line numbers with the act, scene, and line numbers of the Riverside Shakespeare.

The Tragedie Of Romeo And Juliet

Author: William Shakespeare
Publisher: McFarland
ISBN: 9780786456413
Size: 10.83 MB
Format: PDF, Mobi
View: 94

"This annotated edition of The Tragedie of Romeo and Juliet restores the language of Shakespeare to that of the First Folio of 1623. It provides footnotes and annotations, candid and plainspoken in their accounting of Shakespeare's themes. An introduction is included, as are appendices detailing typographical errors, stage directions, emended lineations and character tags from the First Folio"--Provided by publisher.

Italian Culture In The Drama Of Shakespeare His Contemporaries

Author: Michele Marrapodi
Publisher: Ashgate Publishing, Ltd.
ISBN: 0754655040
Size: 15.20 MB
Format: PDF, Docs
View: 11

Applying recent developments in new historicism and cultural materialism-along with the new perspectives opened up by the current debate on intertextuality and the construction of the theatrical text-the essays collected here reconsider the pervasive infl